Friday, March 4, 2011

A few of my favorite things, 2011

Here is what I am using and loving right now:

My nook. I scoffed when this and the kindle first were introduced. I thought "ugh, I never want that!" But in reality it save SO much space, not only in the house but on the go. It is a lot lighter and easier to carry then some books. I can switch books if I get bored with one. It has a built in dictionary. I don't have to go to the store to get a new book, they download to it in seconds. I encourage you to get one, you'll love it.

My kids. Right now my life revolves around their every need. I love mothering. Chiropractic is what I do, mothering is what I am. I delight in them and they bring me great joy and fun!


Coffee plus Cappuccino mix. Current favorites are double mocha, white chocolate and caramel, and french vanilla (with french vanilla coffee). I can't wait for that first cup. I allow myself two a day and adore just sitting with the cup in my hands, smelling the deliciousness. A real luxury is a enjoying a cup (using my favorite mug from Mt. Rushmore-it's the perfect size) while enjoying my Creating Keepsakes magazine.

Rubber gloves. This seems odd but you can't imagine how many dishes I do...maybe you can. These have become a life line in the fight against dry and cracking hands. My only complaint is that they are a boring yellow. I wish I had some that were a pretty purple (my favorite color) or some fancy/pretty design. Really, that's all I'm asking for!

My smart phone. Really this is a love/hate relationship. Honestly, my phone is crap...but it allows me to check my email, use Facebook, besides text and stay in touch. We will be switching providers because our current one was bought out, therefore I will be getting a new phone. This was supposed to occur in late January, then late February and now they are telling us March or April. Ugh!!!!!! I am looking forward to the Blackberry that I will receive, it can't come soon enough.

Triplet Connection forum. Let's be honest most (or none) of you understand the complexity of having triplets. The joys as well as the frustrations. I have found this forum to be a lifesavor and use it or check it often. It's nice to talk to other mothers in the same boat.

Smartypig. What is that?? It's an online savings account Shawn and I started a few months ago. The best part...there is an undisclosed amount of money in it!!!!!!!!!! That's right, people, we are saving!! Me the big spender!!!! This is probably the thing I am most proud about right now. Besides saving to have a contingency fund, we are also working to save for our first house. Someday....

Emealz. Another handy, dandy website which allows me to cook nutritious meals for my family without having to figure out recipes etc for my family. We've been doing it for several months and I bet Shawn loves it too. My very un-creative mind can only think of about a handful of recipes to make including: eggs, spaghetti, meatloaf, pancakes and that's about it. Imagine having those every week over and over. Thank you, Emealz, you're a life savor!

No comments: