Monday, September 1, 2008

To Evie on her 1st Birthday

Evelyn,

Wow, what a year! I am so proud of you! You are such a sweet, beautiful and stubborn little girl. There are so many emotions that I have experienced this year...joy, awe, happiness, excitement, pride, fear, love...to name a few. It has been one of the best and most beautiful years in my life. You are such a gift, Evie. A miracle. I always imagined having a little girl and what she would look like, be like, act like--you have surpassed all those thoughts. It has been a privilege to watch you change from a tiny helpless baby to a still kinda tiny independent toddler.
One of my favorite chorus' to sing to you is the following:

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away"

Evelyn, you are my sunshine. I was blessed the day you entered my life. 2:44 p.m. one year ago today. That one minute irreversible changed my life in the most awesome way. I love you! My love for you is unconditional. Never doubt that.

No comments: