Friday, April 27, 2012

2012 Week in the Life-Friday

It's crazy that the week is nearly over.  I managed {barely} to get up before 6 so that I could have quiet time.  It was hardly necessary as the kids for once slept past seven.  This morning I was reading the book of Job and then switched over to  2 Corinthians 4:16-18.  Particularly verse 18: "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."  I also looked up the word fix, which means: to direct (the eyes, the attention, etc) steadily.

It was a perfect verse to start my day, to change my focus from those things we constantly worry or focus on to FIX my eyes on the one true source.

The "keep awake for the rest of the day" starter.

At 8:30 {after our typical breakfast-diaper change-getting dressed-shoes/coats on-tantrums "routine} we loaded the van and headed to town.  Mom Chat here we come.




Mom Chat was delicious {peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins...thanks Rachel!} and filled with great girl chatter.   Bonus: seeing my sweet niece and holding Malachi {he's a doll!}.

Overheard: On the way home, while listening to whatever "rocking" tune happened to be on Evie asked Ella, "Ella, are you a ROCK STAR!"  I can only imagine what Ella was doing to garner that comment.
My "diaper bag."  I love that I've been able to  condense down to a purse and that EVERYTHING fits easily inside.

Lunch was "typical" in that the "babies" had hotdogs with ketchup.  Henry showed his appreciation for this meal by the following:

 Against my better judgement I am posting this picture of  my pregnant looking self, preparing tomorrow's sweet nectar coffee.


The kids were put down for their naps at a little before 2.  The boys had a catnap on the way home from Mom Chat and I figured that afternoon naps were RUINED.  Boy was I wrong!!!!!!!!!  Check out the time on the clock:

Even at that {prepare yourself} Grant {yes Grant} was STILL asleep when I went in to get Henry.  I was so shocked that I even took the time to check that he was still breathing.  Obviously he was or this would be a much different post.

New to our life is Face Time with amma and ampa.  The kids get VERY excited to see their grandparents {even if we JUST saw them}.  We are hoping to Skype with my sister in the next week.


This was one of my favorite moments of the day.  Henry was hugging Evie and then he would stand up, throw is arms out wide and they would hug again.  I love it!!!!!!

Entertaining Ella with showing her pictures of one of the most beautiful girls in the world!!

Following a delicious meal of wild rice soup, the kids "helped" me fold the towels and bibs.  Such sweet helpers.  I wish their enthusiasm would pass down to Evie a lot little.



 Our silly, little comedian.  Here for your entertainment and ours!



Our nice van has only one terrible, horrible, no good, very bad defect.  Tires that CONSTANTLY lose air and have to be pumped up ALL the time.  So irritating.  It's such a problem that the A parents bought us our own air compressor.  It's pretty nice I have to say.  We pumped the tires up tonight to 40, so that we can get to our conference and back tomorrow.
It seems like there were not as many photos today but the truth is...we do a lot of the same stuff everyday and there's no need to take 50 pictures of me changing diapers...everyday.  I accept your thanks for sparing you:)

Also overheard today:

Evie sassing:  "I can handle my baby, but you can't handle your babies."  Not entirely sure what made her say this as the babies were not running around like monkeys or terrorizing the house in anyway.

Evie being disrespectful to daddy: "Your not the boss!"  Technically she's right, but don't tell Shawn.

Gratitude:
We hit our NP goal for the month.  And Shawn worked his normal schedule while I stayed home!!!!  He also notes finishing the last 3 patients today WITHOUT his brace!

No comments: