Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My first post!

I've wanted to start a blog for awhile and finally got one started. For those of you wondering what the title means then you don't know me as well as you think. Not so long into our marriage Shawn pointed out something that I'd never noticed before. One of my favorite things to say is How "blank" is that? Some examples might be "how silly is that? how funny is that? how crazy is that?" I say it all the time. So much so that now Shawn says it. It's a running joke in our family. See one post and you already learned something new about me.

This will be a personal blog as well as a family blog. Come to see what my crazy mind is up to and what new things my little heart is doing everyday.

For those that I haven't told, Evelyn learned how to crawl "forward" on Saturday. I use the emphasis because she could crawl before then...but to her frustration it was only backwards. Now she is all over the place. I am in a panic with all the new worries that this causes. We have NOT baby-proofed and Evie is quite the curious monkey. She will quickly learn the meaning of NO! We will also be putting herself to sleep in the crib to tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. I am sure she will come out quite unscathed and well rested. I, on the other hand, am sure to cry and miss her like crazy. Not to mention lay awake straining to hear her breathe or move. I will probably bear a few scars. We mothers have it tough...our children have us by the heartstrings. Shawn is likely to be unaffected by the whole thing.

No comments: