Friday, June 13, 2008

Normal

Why is it that coming back to "normal" leaves you a little depressed? Shawn and I have been a little sad to be back in Mapleton without the surroundings of our family and friends. We miss you.

Next question, why does every baby (ie. Evie) ALWAYS wait until a nice, fresh diaper to make number 2? It's like two minutes of clean diaper and then we have to go to the changing table AGAIN!! It would be quite irritating if she weren't so cute and look at you with those angelic little eyes. We started swimming class yesterday and Evie LOVES it. And that is a very strong LOVE! She was making this funny noise throughout the class along with her usual squeal of pleasure. I am so excited she got her love of water from me and not Shawn's family (sorry Andrews'). Another VERY pleasant surprise. She has slept through the night the last 2 nights. Of course, I am hoping it is not a fluke. A full nights sleep without disturbances is heavenly. It has been so long I don't even remember my last night of uninterrupted sleep. Her pregnancy had me up constantly with leg pain, restless leg, and lets not forget bathroom runs. I can't say I've had uninterrupted sleep quite yet though because the first night she did get up at 12:30 to nurse but not again till 9 am. And last night, Shawn the worrier was up thinking there was something wrong with the monitor. He of course wanted to go check on her and I said N-O. I didn't want to run the chance that she would wake up to the door opening. She got up this morning at 7:30. It says something about your little ones sleep habits if the parents are up panicking that their 9 month old didn't wake up in the middle of the night. Luckily, I have pretty good hearing and can hear her shifting in her sleep.

When we are at home I have been blessed with 2 hour morning naps from Evelyn. It allows me to get a nap in (did I just type nap--I must subliminally want one). I mean a shower. And some cleaning. The rest of the time, I have to keep removing her from "n0-no" situations. This includes: playing in the dog's water dish (much fun), playing around the toilet (ick), and picking up dog hair as a toy (ick--we're getting her shaved, the dog not Evie). Of course, since it's forbidden that is ALL she wants to do. Fifty toys on the floor and she is playing with the door to our bathroom. She is very determined to get her own way. I told Shawn that the answer to most of her questions is going to be "because I'm the mama." She is bound to be a great leader with her determination and stubbornness.

I wanted to post a few pictures of our travels.
Great-grandma B made a blanket (which she calls "Evie's baby blankie) for Evie's dolls. Evie was beyond thrilled. The bright colors caught her eye and she was wowed by it.

"Oooooh"

Great-grandpa B. who when he sees Evelyn asks "aren't you smiley."

Evelyn caught the spoon of rice cereal with her hand and then proceeded to wipe it all over her face, eyes, hair and ear. What a messy monkey!!

No comments: