Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy

I did something yesterday that I haven't done in quite awhile. I cried. No, crying is an understatement. I bawled. I sobbed. Now you are all asking yourselves: Why? Evie stood this weekend without any aid for almost one minute. That didn't make me cry (almost but not quite). What made me cry was my baby girl standing in our living room and looking not like my baby anymore but like a big girl. Where has the time gone? Where has my baby gone? Where did this little girl come from?

We went to Iowa this weekend and had lots of fun. One of the highlights was a trip to the Grotto in West Bend, Iowa. Now if you've never been I highly recommend a visit. What it is, is a chronicle of Jesus' life on earth. It's done in these limestone sculptures which are beautiful. But what is special is where they are housed. A catholic priest erected this whole place out of stones, shells, and other natural items that were collected from all fifty states AND from every country. It is amazing to behold. If I can I will get a picture to post so you can get an idea what I'm talking about. It is definitely worth the travel...even into Iowa;o)

What I do have to share is a recent (taken 8.10.08) picture of our family. We are so very happy. God is good...all the time. All the time...God is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, well worth the trip. Even on a very hot day in August. Oh and by the way, you are one hot mamma Tawnda. Grrr baby grrr.

Love, you know who