Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Week in the Life-Wednesday

2:30 a.m: We wake up to Evie screaming outside our door. Bears have invaded her room, and we didn't know because her monitor broke. We get her calmed back down for a few more hours of sleep...poor thing. It's a subject I hear repeatedly the next day. Explaining it to me, "There was a little monster {show w/ hands} and a big bear {again w/ demonstration}. And I was scared!"

5 a.m: Struggle to get up and fail. 6 a.m: Henry up. We share cuddles and after Grant wakes up we all share bananas. Henry for sure wouldn't let me eat one in peace.

6:30 a.m: Thunderstorm and heavy rains!

One of 7 doodies changed and 3 wets. It was a stinky day!

Toby out for a potty break.

9 a.m: Morning naps!

My third coffee reheat...my fourth was a disaster. I pushed 3 minutes instead of the 30 second key and ended up with a splattered mess. The microwave needed cleaning anyhow...

10 a.m: Start the process of cleaning my bedroom. Bag to unpack, bed to make, stuff from vacation and the party that was thrown in here organize, toys to put away, and clutter to be removed.

During our time in my room Evie made "snow angels" on the carpet. I love imaginations!

10:30 a.m: Shawn makes 200 contacts at a BAW for ei microcirucuts. He receives this email shortly after:
Hello Shawn,
Thank you very much from all of us here at EI! We all enjoyed the treats you brought in this morning.
Thank you,



11 a.m: At the triplets 1st birthday (as I do with Evie) I had everyone fill out a card answering the following: What was your favorite memory of you and I in the last year? I organized them and scrapbooked them.

12:15 p.m: Our realtor, Tara, arrives with a buyer's contract for us to sign and comparable for a house we plan to make an offer on next week. A highlight was finding out that a simple egress window in a basement would only cost $200. Even the most expensive is only approximately $2500. Not bad in my opinion. There may be a 2nd party interested in "our" house...grr!

1 p.m: Per "monkeys" request, chocolate milk!

2 p.m: There are lots of calls between Shawn and I. This was only one of several
.
She was just so cute putting her hands in her pocket, like a Calvin Klein model or something.

Apparently I "upset" her. A regular occurrence in our home, and her typical look and attitude following.

Shawn saw patients from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a lunch from 1-2.

4 p.m: Towels and bibs to fold.


4;30 p.m: The kids playing. Grant found his reflection handsome and had to share the love.

5:45 p.m: Daddy takes a few minutes to greet the troops.

6: 15 p.m. I "made" dinner: Taco Pizza from Caseys.

7 p.m: Triplet baths.

7:45 p.m: Ella getting her teeth brushed, or at least that was what Shawn was attempting. She's pretty dodgy!

8:45 p.m: I look like I'm sleeping but Evie is actually saying her prayers.

No comments: