Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Right now

Reading: "What is it like to be married to me?" by Linda Dillow. I first heard about this book on a Focus on the Family broadcast and she had some eye-opening things to say. I've only just started the book but already am enlightened by what she has written and expect that it will change the kind of wife I am and how I treat Shawn. Also on a fiction basis I started "Winter Garden" by Kristin Hannah. It was chosen for my MOPS book club and even though I am only in the first chapter I can tell it's going to be good. It takes place in NE Washington but the author's descriptions (which are beautiful) could be talking about MN. The story follows two daughters and their stormy relationship to their mother, Anya. Ahh...mother-daughter relationships.

Listening to: Evie holding conversations with the babies (to Grant while holding up her cup "This is my apple juice.") She also is entertaining them with songs she knows. The babies giggles, especially Henry's which I've been able illicit several times in the last two days, which is quite a feat.

Excited for: An overnight stay in a B&B with Shawn in August. Shawn surprised me with a stay in one for our wedding night so we try to stay in one every year we can-usually on our anniversary. This one I got at a steal $99 (including non-alcoholic wine) as a Groupon. It looks beautiful and is on the St. Croix River. I'm looking forward to enjoying time outside with him. Since our anniversary is in December usually outdoor activities are limited.

Watching: Not as much. Evie's become somewhat of television addict so I've been curbing both of our watching, which increased with the birth of the babies. When I do watch it has to be family friendly television so I love watching "Til Debt Do Us Part" on CNBC or the Suze Orman show.

Over: Swaddling and Swings. We started the weaning process and naps have involved a lot of screaming (for Ella and Henry who normally sleep in their swings). We tossed out their wedges last week as they were well...gross. Looking forward til they are napping/sleeping better and we can move these things out of the house. We've stopped using bouncers except for Ella to eat her bottles in. We have to watch her however, as she will flip herself over and work herself out of them as soon as she's done. Henry made it all night in his crib again on Tuesday night, and even fell back asleep after his 5a.m. bottle...a first.

Over but not done with: Pumping. Just for the record I've made it 8 months, 2 weeks and 5 days. 8 months, 3 weeks and 2 days more then I will ever do again. It's all for my babies and loving them. If the pump wasn't rented I'd have a pump burning/bashing party when I'm done...which will be ??? I still don't know as I'm taking it one day at a time.

Last big purchase: Silver Ring Splints for both of my thumbs, which need extra support due to genetics and rheumatoid arthritis induced laxity. They allow for more movement then the traditional, insurance covered supports without looking ugly. A teen told me she liked them, they must look "cool."


Frustrated by: Shawn's continued chest pain, which led his doctors to refer him to the Mayo for more tests. The medication is working but not to the extent that it should. Also by my contacts, one of which ripped t hereby leading to wearing my eyeglasses full-time. Eyeglass wearers you can relate, glasses bite!

Working on: Increasing my exercise. I signed up for Weightwatchers "Walk It" challenge, which goes for 6weeks and will end with my first 5K. On average you are supposed to walk 10,000 steps per day and so I bought myself a pedometer. After a long day of shopping and a walk with the family to the park I was dismayed to learn that I only walked 6,000 steps. Yesterday it was only 4,000-even with a walk. This is going to be harder then I anticipated.

Loving: The beginning of warm weather-though I wish it would be consistent. I learned Sunday how to set up and take down the quad stroller. Parks here we come!!!!!!! I am anxious to get out there. We've been out 4 times already as a family and I am loving it.

Missing: My grandma...it's been 3 weeks now. I bought myself some fresh flowers and put them in a vase that was hers and when Shawn asked me where we got it I couldn't answer over the tears. Looking at it now I can smile and grandma loved flowers so it is the perfect memorial to her.


Bored with: Peanut butter sandwiches for lunch. Obviously I have little time to eat and this has been a favorite, quick go-to. Now it's just BO-RING! I bought a bunch of microwave meals and that's helped. Also got tired of my normal roasted red pepper hummus so bought 3 olive hummus-YUM!

Last funny thing Evie said: While we were shopping in Target we met a little girl pushing an umbrella stroller who nearly ran over Evie. The mom told the little girl "be careful you almost hit that little girl." When we got into the next aisle Evelyn said (with a scowl), "I'm not a little girl, I'm a BIG girl!" Yes, yes you are Evie! On Shawn's birthday we were watching tv and a commercial came on for light Yoplait yogurt. The character went to her high school reunion and met "Sean" who was quite bald and looked nothing like his younger self. Well, the lady character said something about Sean and Evelyn turned to us and said "That ain't Shawn!" referring to daddy. So true, Evie, so true!

If I had a super power it would be: Super Speed. That way I could clean the house in less then 5 minutes and get to spend the rest of the time with the kids or doing other things I love.

I waste time: Being on the internet. Really hard to get anything else done on days when I have to be online. Seriously! I honestly prefer not to be online but have to pay taxes, check bank accounts and the like. Time-wasters! The only good things online are the blogs I read and mine that I update. That and my savings account...love it!

Average # of times I re-warm my coffee/day: 5

Latest Most Embarrassing Moment: I took Shawn out to dinner the day before his 30th birthday and somehow managed to dump my entire soda on my shirt and lap. I was SOAKED! Luckily I was wearing a tank top (albeit not a nice looking one) so I was able to remove that (you should've seen Shawn's face when I started undressing). This was a first for me. I've spilt a little on myself but not the ENTIRE full glass. Oh well!

What does everyone want pictures of: the kiddos



No comments: